While reading through a post produced by one of the people I have been fortunate to get to know since starting this blog, I discovered she had nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! Kira thanks for nomination! If there’s anything I can do to help you achieve your dreams, don’t be afraid to ask! ; ]
So, what comes with being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award? The rules, as stated by Okoto Enigma, are as follows
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post
3 things you may not know about me.
- I am a retired rugby player of 10 years. My highest achievement was playing at Midland Divison 1 level, scoring 10 tries as a winger in my first season for Walsall RFC
- Although I would love to have my own review website/channel at some point, I suffer from massive insecurity! If we were to ever meet I apologise in advance for my awkwardness!
- I am a massive Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Ever since I was young I have loved the series and each of the films that have been produced with it – even Turbo!!
What do you know now that you wish you had known 10 years ago?
History is not a suitable subject to study at College/University! Study Film properly and become a professional within the industry!
What film or TV series would you say is your guilty pleasure?
Apart from Power Rangers as mentioned above, I love Hairspray! If ever my mood is a bit bad I’ll switch on the soundtrack and tap my feet away to Zach Efron and Co crooning their way around 1960s Baltimore
If you could pick any two famous people to be your parents, who would they be?
Neil Patrick Harris and Carrie Fisher – Imagine the New Years Eve parties!?
If you were to start a Film Club, what film would you show at the first gathering and why?
Ghostbusters (1984). I don’t know of a better comedy than this paranormal masterpiece by Ivan Reitman. Regardless of how many times you watch it I challenge you not to laugh at the beautiful chemistry between Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts, and Rick Moranis. I love the use of confident female characters that don’t rely on the male Ghostbusters unless they absolutely need to (and even then Venkman tries his best to get inside Sigourney Weaver’s grey leggings).
What would you call your own talk show?
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
My favourite 3 posts are:
The Edge of Seventeen – Its my most recent review, and potentially my film of the year so far! Hailee Steinfeld managed to produce a performance that transcended gender and drew me to reminisce about my experiences as teenager – both good and bad!
Movies I Should’ve Watched Sooner: The Big Lebowski – There a hundreds of films I should’ve watched but haven’t got round to watching yet. However the one I found I enjoyed the most was The Big Lebowski. Why it took me so long to watch I’ll never know.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Worth Waiting For – The majority of posts on here follow a typical formula of 30 points broken down across 3 particular rounds as impartially as I can be. Few franchises make this very difficult to do, one of these just so happens to be Star Wars. In this reaction piece I bore my heart out on the page to show how I felt instead of what I thought.
- Jason Michael thefilmfaculty.wordpress.com
- Caz letsgotothemovies7.com
- Cherry’s Film Reviews filmcritique90.wordpress.com
- Tom plainsimpletomreviews.wordpress.com
- Cornfed Contessa cornfedcontessa.com
- What colour Power Ranger would you be?
- What is your favourite Disney song?
- What film do you regret watching to this day?
- What 4 actors (male or female) would want to go the Movies with?
- What Movie should you have watched sooner?
Look forward to hearing from you guys, and thanks again!